Saturday 11 February 2012

Another Free School starts to rise

Some people must have been reading my last posting as I read this week of a new proposal for an academy school in Smethwick.
I applaud them and wish them every success, as the group hope the school will be a multi cultural school, but based on a Sikh ethos, I also see that they wish to grow the school over a few years to around 700 students from all walks of the community.
It now seems people are fed up with the typical promises of better education next year, that Labour have churned out every year for about the last decade only to find out months later that Sandwell is still at the bottom of national league tables, so they are voting with their feet setting up new schools.
I hope that it will raise educational standards by raising achievement and students aspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment