Friday 21 October 2011

Labour start to squeal


Looking around the net I found this excellent article, it gives another reason why Labour are shouting.

It's a few words from Eric Pickles

Getting our nation's finances back on the right track has been challenging. I've seen first hand the inefficiency and incompetence of Labour. Take FireControl – John Prescott's plan to regionalise England's fire service. His vanity project spiralled out of control, wasting half a billion pounds of taxpayers' money. Now you won't hear about that on money supermarket dot com when John's on. There's nothing to show for it – apart from a series of empty bunkers, each kitted out with deluxe chrome coffee machines costing six grand a piece. Now that's Labour's idea of national resilience.

Come hell or high water, Labour Ministers could still demand a Venti Skinny cappuccino. What a waste! You can get a big pack of Yorkshire Tea for a fiver... Now if my Coalition Mucker Chris Huhne tunes in today – that's what I call a Tea Party, Chris. Or take the example of Labour blowing £5,000 on my department's officials having a staff away day at a club. Not a working men's club. Not a Pall Mall Gentlemen's Club. No, a different kind of gentlemen's club – a club which features Showgirl Sensation Amber Topaz and her exotic chum, Lady Beau Peep.

I've never thought of the civil service as lost sheep. And I'm not sure why they flocked to that particular establishment. But no more – I've cancelled these plush away days.

Labour Ministers were at it too. With their corporate credit card – the so-called "Government Procurement Card" – Labour and their staff wined and dined at the finest restaurants at your expense. Boisdales. The Cinammon Club. The Wolseley. And in the very heart of Prezza-land, close to the mouth of the Humber... Mr Chu's China Palace. Unlike Labour, I pay for my own Chicken Chow Mein.

Read the whole article

No comments:

Post a Comment